Valentine's Day will be here before you know it! If you're looking for a fresh way to tell your special someone how much you love them, why not do it with a plant?
Many tropical houseplants have heart-shaped--or cordate--foliage that makes them perfect bearers of romantic sentiment.
- Alocasia: Many varieties, like African Mask Plant, bear dramatic heart-shaped leaves with contrasting patterns.
- Anthurium: As an added bonus, anthuriums also bear vibrant heart-shaped blooms.
- Ficus triangularis: A variegated ficus with a charming tree shape.
- Heart hoya: Slow-growing succulent plant that begins its life as a single heart-shaped leaf.
- Philodendron: Trendy split-leaf philodendron and traditional vining varieties add drama to any space.
- String of hearts: A petite, trailing plant with delicate veined leaves.
- Heart fern: Perfect for humid environments and terrariums!
- Syngonium: Also known as arrowhead plant, these easy-to-care-for plants come in several different shades of green and pink.